Cravings..Yes! This is one thing from which no human can run away. We can all agree that Indians do need desserts on every occasion whether it is a wedding, family function, festival or birthday. But if one has diabetes then he / she needs an alternative which has right mix of Seasonal vegetables, Sugar value, Fat and cholesterol values, roughage value, glycemic index value etc.
A diabetic patient can have desserts in a healthy way with our homemade diabetic sweets recipes. One of them is Dudhi Halwa Recipe. This is one of the easy sugar-free desserts as it can be prepared at home with all ease and comfort.
Now, let?s look into the recipe to get the best desserts for diabetics Indian:
Ingredients for Dudhi Halwa Recipe
- Two 1/2 cups grated bottle gourd (dudhi / lauki)
- One tsp ghee
- One 1/2 cups low-fat milk, 99.7% fat-free
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Two tsp sugar substitute
The method of preparation for Dudhi Halwa Recipe:
- Take a deep nonstick pan and bring it to the heat.
- Heat the ghee in the same pan
- Now, add the bottle gourd and mix well.
- Cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes by covering it with a lid
- Stir occasionally.
- Add the low-fat milk and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Cook on a medium flame for 15 to 17 minutes, keep stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar substitute or it can be sugar-free as milk has it’s on sweetness with lactose in it and mix well.
- Serve warm.
Total Calories: 228Kcal per serving